The Diode Laser is part of a newer generation of dental lasers that has revolutionized the field of dentistry. More advanced, safer and gentler than the traditional dental drill, the diode laser is designed to handle a variety of procedures, including those that involve the soft tissue. For example, the highly trained dentists at Washington Center for Dentistry will use this laser for gum reshaping. During this procedure, the laser is used to re-contour the gum line with no downtime, bleeding or stitches involved. Best of all, the diode laser makes the procedure virtually pain-free. With the use of the diode laser, patients should have reduced anxiety about visiting the dentist.
Diode Laser Reviews
"Dr. Rinaldi is a wonderful, amazing person. So often we don't find this in a dentist. The man has a giant heart, is insanely talented and is humble enough to work to get it right. He has undone the damage of another terrible dentist, and I could not be more grateful. Beautiful person. Beautiful office. Amazing staff. I cannot say enough about how fortunate I feel having found this place."- L.R. / Yelp / Mar 29, 2016
Plan Your Procedure
- Procedure Recovery Location
What are the Benefits?
- Small size and weight make it easier for the dentist to handle and use, which results in better, more accurate results. Increased precision helps the dentist focus only on the treatment area while not affecting non-intended areas. This reduces fatigue in your dentist and a happy dentist is a productive dentist!
- Advanced technology makes the laser gentler and easier for the patient to tolerate with less pain and discomfort. Energy is released in short pulses that makes the procedure more comfortable.
- Reduces procedure time since so much power is packed in the small laser. Your dentist is able to accomplish so much more in such a short amount of time, all with great accuracy.
- Minimally invasive so the chance of side effects are greatly reduced, including less swelling and minimized bleeding for less downtime, quicker healing, and reduced need for sutures.
Some common uses for the diode laser are:
- Dental fillings
- Preparing teeth ahead of restorations like inlays, onlays and crowns
- Treating tooth sensitivity
- Transforming “gummy smiles”
- Crown lengthening where gum tissue and bone are reshaped to set a stronger foundation for restorations
- Sleep apnea to reshape tissue overgrowth in the throat to help with breathing issues and reduce snoring
Learn More About the Diode
Dental lasers are getting safer, more precise and more reliable all the time and the diode laser is no exception. The advanced technology of this laser is beneficial to both you and the dentists at Washington Center for Dentistry since more quality work can be completed in a shorter amount of time. You'll also appreciated the fact that the laser is minimally invasive, so you won't have to deal with a lot of nasty side effects after your procedure. We would be more than happy to provide more information on the diode laser and all of its benefits, so give us a call to schedule a consultation.