Dental Technology in Washington, DC
Ready to get started?Contact Us
iTero Digital Impressions Overview
At Washington Center for Dentistry, the skilled dentists use iTero Digital Impressions to digitally record teeth after they are prepared for new restorations. For example, the impressions are useful for a tooth that is prepared for a new crown or bridge. iTero also records nearby teeth, as well as opposing teeth, and how the teeth bite together, or their occlusion. The data is transmitted electronically to Washington Center’s In-House Dental Lab to use as the lab techs make crowns, veneers, bridges, inlays and onlays. As a result, the restorations fit more seamlessly and naturally for beautiful, more long-standing results.
What to Expect
Even the most anxious of patients can relax with digital impressions. One of our experienced dentists will place an intra-oral wand into your mouth and move it around to capture images of your teeth. The images will be projected on a chairside monitor that both you and your dentist can view. It’s quick, simple and pain-free with virtually no discomfort.
Washington Center for Dentistry Reviews
All the staff at this office are friendly and professional. They always seem to be glad that I'm there. They have first rate technology which adds to the quality of care. I have had many dental problems over many years and I have great confidence in the experience and professionalism of Dr. Katsaros and everyone at this office. Thank you.
This is the best dental practice I have been to. The whole staff is professional and knowledgeable about dental health. They tend to be on time. They submit to insurance for you but require...
I go here for my Invisalign treatment and cleanings. Dr. Deutsch and company are the best dentists i have ever experienced. I HIGHLY recommend it. The staff makes you feel like family and they...
Soosan did a fantastic job working on my teeth. This was definitely a much more comprehensive treatment than I have ever had. Highly recommend.
A superb, if costly, experience as always. I was met immediately and escorted to Dr. Rinaldi's unit where the team awaited. The attention was warming. I left with six temporary veneers and a vastly improved appearance. Not a twinge of pain as the numbiing wore off. Scheduling accommodated my need to return on Monday and moved my appointment with Anya. You make dentistry almost a pleasure. Bravo!
Get In Touch
What Are the Benefits?
• Improved quality of the impression for better-fitting restorations.
• Elimination of uncomfortable, “putty-like” impression materials that cause some patients to gag.
• Less time spent in the dental chair.
• Increase in comfort and less anxiety for patients needing impressions for treatment.
• Fewer errors and inaccuracies in impressions that are often caused by the traditional impression-taking process.
• Elimination of factors that affect accuracy in impressions, such as technique and quality of materials. For example, crowns fit better when the impression is an accurate copy of the mouth.
• Scan of entire mouth in minutes.
• Electronic storage of paper-free digital impression, saving space and providing efficient record-keeping.
• Environmentally friendly way to dispose of plastic trays and impression materials, with no need for landfill space.
Forget the Mess and Putty!
Those messy and uncomfortable digital impressions are a thing of the past thanks to the advanced iTero Digital Impressions. Teeth are digitally recorded to provide increased accuracy when fitting teeth with restorations like crowns and bridges. The dentists at Washington Center for Dentistry want to ensure the best possible fit and look for your restoration treatments. iTero touts many benefits over tradition impressions, which you can learn more about from any of our dentists. We encourage you to contact us today to schedule your one-on-one consultation.