With Computerized X-Rays, special sensors, instead of film, use 90% less radiation than traditional X-rays for safer results. The image pops up instantly on a large TV screen, where the talented dentists at Washington Center for Dentistry and the patient can see more detailed images than ever before! This leads to better diagnoses and more accurate and precise treatment plans in the long-run. The reduced exposure to radiation makes it safer for more high-risk groups like pregnant women, younger children and older patients.
Computerized X-Ray Reviews
"Nice staff great doctors always prompt"- D.M. / Google / Jul 10, 2019
"They have the whole floor. The staff is super nice and they treat you well. The downside is that you have to pay upfront and then get your money from your insurance, which they submit for you."- L.L. / Google / May 22, 2019
"Best dental office in the Washington,Maryland and Virginia area!!"- J.M. / Facebook / Jul 15, 2019
"Wonderful experience!"- M.N. / Google / Sep 23, 2019
"First class dentistry from caring professionals."- H.G. / Google / Jul 11, 2019
What are the Benefits?
- Less Radiation. Computerized x-rays expose patients to an astounding 90% less radiation that traditional x-rays. This greatly reduces the occurrence of any side effects and is especially helpful for patients who need regular x-rays. It alleviates the fear of repeated radiation exposure for medical professionals, as well.
- Quicker Appointments. Since there’s no film to be developed and images appear on the computer instantaneously, your dentist can get you in and out much quicker.
- High-Quality Images. Traditional x-rays can be hard to see and decipher, but that’s not the case with computerized x-rays. When displayed on the screen, they can be enlarged or magnified to get a better view. The color, contrast and brightness can all be adjusted to get a better look at what’s going on in your mouth.
- Empowered Patient. Feel the power of seeing the ins and outs of your mouth in clear detail. With computerized x-rays, you can get an inside view of your own mouth, right along with your dentist. Don’t worry about squinting at a typical x-ray and pretending like you know your molar from your incisor because you’ll be able to see everything brilliantly with computerized x-rays!
What to Expect
The whole process is quite simple for the patient. You will be given an intra-oral sensor to bite down on. Chomp down, but not too hard, and the sensor will project images of your beautiful mouth onto the computer screen. It only takes a few minutes and you shouldn’t experience any pain or discomfort.
Plan Your Procedure
- Procedure Recovery Location
Getting the Job Done Quicker!
Do you worry about radiation exposure when you get x-rays done? Do you hate waiting around for what seems like forever during the process? All of these problems and more can be solved when the talented dentists at Washington Center for Dentistry use computerized x-rays. These highly-advanced x-rays use sensors instead of film to increase safety and efficiency, while decreasing waiting times. Plus, as the patient, you can see the condition of your mouth in real-time thanks to a chairside computer screen. Contact us today to learn more about computerized x-rays.