what is GLO Teeth Whitening?
Since a patient’s smile is a gift, he or she shouldn’t let dark or discolored teeth stand in the way of sharing that gift with the world. To restore a dazzling smile with cosmetic dentistry, teeth can be effectively whitened and brightened with the GLO teeth whitening system. The dentists at Washington Center for Dentistry use powerful yet gentle gel and a light-based gel accelerator to whiten teeth by many shades in about one week. GLO is an at-home whitening treatment that allows you the freedom to whiten on your own terms. Teeth whitening at Washington Center for Dentistry is one of the easiest and most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments available to improve and invigorate a smile and overall appearance.
For many patients, this procedure is just the first step in remaking a smile with the skill and artistry of cosmetic dentistry. Following the teeth whitening treatment, newly placed porcelain crowns, porcelain veneers, and/or dental bonding material are matched perfectly to the new lighter color created by this tooth whitening sensation called GLO.
GLO Teeth Whitening Reviews
"Eman worked with me and she was amazingly vibrant and so customer oriented! Came for whitening, she far exceeded my expectations and I’ll be returning later!!"- L.B. / Google / Oct 03, 2019
"I had an amazing experience with Dr. Rinaldi. I am extremely happy with my new veneers. "- A. / Demandforce / May 08, 2015
"Dr. Rinaldi and his team are by far the most kind, helpful, and attentive dentist practice I've experienced. You can always get appointments very promptly when issues arise. Dr. Rinaldi's experience in cosmetic dentistry is a particular appeal and he clearly cares that his patients cosmetic improvements are maintained, protected, and keeping us looking great for many years! "- C. / Demandforce / May 13, 2015
"I travel down from CT to come here. Havent found a dentist anywhere as good. Dr. Rinaldi and my hygienist Soo Young. They're the best"- V.C. / Google / Mar 29, 2017
"2017 GOT A ROUGH START AS MY ORIGINAL APPOINTMENT WAS MOVED THREE TIMES (TWICE BY THE WCD AND ONCE BY MYSELF). THE SECOND TIME WCD CHANGED THE TIME, THE CHANGE WAS NOT EVEN COMMUNICATED TO ME IN DUE TIME, AND THIS REALLY DISRUPTED MY WORK DAY. THIS SAID, TODAY EVERYTHING WORKED VERY WELL. THE STAFF, BOTH DR. RINALDI AND THE DENTAL HYGENE TECHNICIAN, MS. JENNIFER, WERE SURE-HANDED, PROFESSIONAL, AND ATTENTIVE. KUDOS AND HEARTFELT THANKS TO BOTH."- S.G. / Google / Mar 29, 2017
What Are The Benefits Of GLO Teeth Whitening?
The GLO teeth whitening system offered by Washington Center for Dentistry, in addition to creating a whiter, brighter smile, has a number of benefits, including:
Removes stains, discoloration, and yellowing
Can be done in the comfort of your home
Works in as little as 5 – 7 days
Gets your teeth up to 5 – 9 shades whiter
It's gentler than other teeth whitening systems
It's easy to use
How is GLO Teeth Whitening done?
The GLO teeth whitening process involves four easy steps.
- First, you will apply the GLO Lip Treatment, which will protect your lips from the gel solution.
- Next, you will remove the cap from the GLO gel vial and place a small amount on the applicator.
- Now, brush a thin layer of gel onto the fronts of the teeth, top, and bottom.
- Finally, insert the mouthpiece and power it on. After eight minutes, the mouthpiece will turn off and you will be finished!
For best results, patients should use GLO for eight minutes a day, one week consecutively.
Plan Your Procedure
- Procedure Recovery Location
glo Teeth Whitening FAQ
- How white will my teeth be after whitening? Clinical studies show that GLO treatments average about nine shades lighter. Results vary, of course, because everyone’s teeth respond differently. In most cases, results are dramatic. The goal is to achieve your own optimal, natural whiteness. The dentist reviews the result that can be expected.
- How long will it last? Long-term results depend mostly on the patient. Tobacco, coffee, tea, dark soft drinks, and lax attention to dental care can work against the results.
- Is it safe? Yes. GLO does not soften enamel or existing fillings. For more than 100 years, dentists safely used hydrogen peroxide, the main ingredient in the whitening gel. The dental community considers this material an effective whitening ingredient.
- Will it hurt? A small percentage of patients may feel a minor, dull ache following the procedure. Taking some analgesic almost always eliminates the feeling. It’s best to avoid hot or cold drinks for the first 24 hours if there is any sensitivity.
- Will my dental insurance cover this procedure? As with most cosmetic dental treatments, insurance will not cover the cost.
- Is this procedure for everyone? Just about every person seeking a lighter smile can benefit from GLO, including those with severe coffee, food, tobacco, or tetracycline stains. An exam before this aesthetic dentistry procedure will determine promising candidates for whitening. People with a history of TMJ problems, extreme sensitivity to hot and cold foods or drinks, and those with many fracture lines in teeth may not be candidates.
- Can I have this done if I am pregnant? While there are no known constraints for women who are pregnant, some might experience gum sensitivity. Pregnant women might wish to delay the procedure until after pregnancy.
- How can I maintain my new whiter teeth? Brush twice daily or after each meal. Floss daily. Use a whitening toothpaste and a soft-bristle toothbrush. Use take-home bleaching trays one hour a week, or as needed, to maintain the lighter color. Visit your dentist for regular hygiene visits and checkups at least every six months.
get a brighter new smile
Even if you follow proper oral hygiene, your teeth can still become discolored over the years due to aging, foods, drinks, and basically, just living life. Since you can't stop life, you can stop your teeth from yellowing or becoming discolored. How? With GLO teeth whitening. This unbelievable procedure can leave your teeth up to nine shades lighter. Can you imagine that? Even if you can't, our dentists can make it come true with this powerful procedure. Sit back, relax, and let us get to work. Whiter teeth can be yours, but only if you give us a call to schedule your consultation.