what are porcelain veneers?
In the experienced hands of the Washington Center for Dentistry’s dentists, patients can have beautiful, newly aligned, straight teeth in as few as two visits with porcelain veneers. These thin, natural-looking porcelain shells cover existing teeth to close gaps, whiten, lengthen and properly align teeth. It can be almost like instant orthodontics since porcelain veneers can make a dream smile come to life for an amazing smile makeover. Porcelain veneers is one of the most frequently requested treatments at the Washington Center for Dentistry.
No single dental treatment has revolutionized cosmetic dentistry more dramatically than the porcelain veneer with its transformative results. With the confidence, health and beauty that veneers infuse into a new smile, patients achieve a life-altering change. What a welcome relief, after years of self-conscious discomfort.
Am I A Candidate for veneers?
Do any of the following conditions describe you?
- Are you unhappy with your smile?
- Do you shy away from introductions?
- Do you cover your mouth while smiling?
- Do you cover your mouth for the camera?
- Do you avoid taking pictures completely?
- Do you often dream about getting the smile you can be proud of?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, the solution might be only a few porcelain veneers away! No dental solution does more heavy lifting to improve a smile than this lustrous, thin shell of fine-grade porcelain applied to the front of your existing teeth to conceal imperfections. These customized veneers, made to match your existing tooth color, are indistinguishable from your actual teeth.
You are a candidate for porcelain veneers if you desire the following to be corrected:
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Misaligned or crooked teeth
- Gaps separating teeth
- Narrow smile
- Gummy smile
What are the Benefits of Porcelain veneers?
A smile reflects high self-esteem, a healthy lifestyle, success in the workplace, and many other attributes our society values. No matter your complaint about your teeth, you’ll be happy to learn about the many benefits of porcelain veneers. They are the gold-standard treatment to reverse the unwanted features of your unhappy smile.
Aesthetic benefits of porcelain veneers:
- Veneers close gaps between your teeth.
- Often called "instant orthodontics," veneers correct minor misalignments.
- Veneers lengthen and reshape teeth.
- Veneers cover stains.
- Veneers strengthen teeth.
- Veneers resist stains, allowing you to enjoy your morning coffee without worrying about how it might affect your smile.
- Veneers broaden a narrow smile.
- Veneers correct a gummy smile.
- Veneers, made of fine-grade, modern dental porcelain, provide the lifelike, natural color, translucence and texture of natural teeth.
- Light shines through the outer enamel layer on our natural teeth and bounces off the underlying dentin layer. That’s what gives a natural sheen to our smile.
- The porcelain used in our veneers also reflects light just like natural teeth, which makes veneers indistinguishable from neighboring natural teeth!
- Patients love the improved, but natural look.
- Veneers are extremely durable.
- Veneers resist decay.
- Veneers cause minimal discomfort.
how are veneers performed?
Since we have our own in-house dental lab, we can customize an exquisite smile with porcelain veneers, all in less time than you might imagine! Our custom porcelain veneers—made with the finest new, advanced-grade porcelains, create the opalescence, brightness and natural shape that improve a smile, naturally, while lasting for many years. And with our in-office Zoom! Whitening System for our cosmetic dentistry patients, it may be best to first lighten their teeth, and then the dental veneers are matched to the lighter color of the newly brightened teeth.
How the porcelain veneers process works:
- Two or more appointments are needed to restore teeth with beautiful porcelain veneers.
- At the first appointment, the doctor shapes and slightly roughens the surface of the teeth.
- Then, the doctor takes impressions to create exact working models of the mouth.
- The new porcelain veneers are artistically crafted on these models to perfectly fit the teeth that are prepared for the veneers.
- On the day of the first appointment, the patient leaves the office wearing highly specialized temporary porcelain veneers, which already look better than the original teeth! The temporaries allow the doctor and patient to plan the appearance of the veneers, since the temporaries have much the same look as the porcelain veneers.
- At the next appointment, the doctor cleans and polishes the prepared teeth.
- The doctor places the veneers and applies a special adhesive to bond the porcelain veneers to the teeth. A gentle, high-intensity light hardens the adhesive.
how much do Veneers cost?
Investment in porcelain veneers is expensive, no doubt about it. The good news is that spread out over the 10 – 20 years, or more, of the life of these high-tech porcelain sheaths, the cost comes to much less than we spend on many other less important expenses. Add to that the boost in self-esteem, confidence and general well-being, and the entire experience is truly priceless! And, of course, our smile is timeless.
Our doctors and administrative team go to great lengths to respect our patients’ financial comfort level when covering the cost of veneers, which can vary from patient to patient, depending on their individual needs.
Value and quality comes first
Place the highest value on experience, artistry and quality of materials when it comes to veneers:
- As each veneer is designed to custom fit each individual tooth, our experienced doctors take extensive measurements of the face and mouth, photos and study models to determine the appropriate size, shape and color that will best suit the look of your new smile.
- Even details of skin color, lips, body type and height play a role in smile design.
- Our dedicated ceramists use the finest grade porcelains, and at our highest quality dental lab, each veneer is finely crafted, just for you.
- Using these finer materials separates the finest crafted veneers from assembly-line quality veneers.
- Our patients want to avoid the unattractive results of low-quality veneers.
- Inexperienced dentists using poor quality labs with inexperienced ceramists raise the risk of creating veneers that “don’t look real.”
- The difference: Opaque, white, bulbous, chiclet-shaped veneers vs. lustrous, pearlescent, natural-looking veneers.
Highly durable, long-lasting and incredibly natural-looking, porcelain veneers are a smart investment for correcting imperfections in your smile. Patients choose among a wide range of options, including cash, check, credit cards, as well as zero interest and low monthly payments with Care Credit and the Lending Tree. Contact our Administrative Team for help with affordable solutions through various payment options and finance plans.
Porcelain Veneers Reviews
"I’ve been going to see Dr. Deutsch for almost 35 years. He and his team are professionals, but also have a human touch that is what I used to expect of all service providers yet rarely if ever find anymore. The facilities are clean, beautiful and state of the art (as are their covid protocols). And my teeth, well, only one cavity in all these decades. I did chip a tooth and the veneers were works of art. Is there really anything more that one could ask for from one’s dentist?"- R.P. / Yelp / Jun 29, 2021
"I've been going to see Dr. Deutsch for almost 35 years. He and his team are professionals, but also have a human touch that is what I used to expect of all service providers yet rarely if ever..."- R.P. / Yahoo / Jun 29, 2021
"Caring and professionally on top of his field. Great staff"- Ç.C. / Healthgrades / Aug 10, 2021
"Dr. Katsaros is a top-notch dentist, and a top-notch person! He was my dentist for many years until we left the DC area. I always got the best care from him and the other partners and staff. If you HAVE to go to a dentist, then go here!"- S.P. / Google / Sep 07, 2021
"The Washington Center for Dentistry is a VERY impressive group indeed. Beautiful, large, and comfortable open sign-in and waiting area with an eye-popping view of K street from the 8th floor. The Doctors and staff are dedicated, focused, efficient without being distant, and the goal is, from my own experience with them, always perfection....numerous appointments to get things just right. The whole package is extraordinary! Take your mouth there! you won't regret it."- B.M. / Google / Apr 17, 2022
Porcelain Veneers FAQ
What dental issues can porcelain veneers fix?
Porcelain veneers are an excellent solution for a more beautiful smile if you have teeth that are stained, broken, cracked, misshapen, chipped, or uneven.
Can porcelain veneers ruin your teeth?
No, when applied by an experienced doctor like our team of practitioners at Washington Center for Dentistry, porcelain veneers are a safe and effective way to enhance the look of your smile.
Are porcelain veneers permanent?
While porcelain veneers aren't technically a "permanent" cosmetic procedure, many patients can have their veneers last decades with proper oral hygiene and regular dental exams before needing a touch-up.
How do you take care of porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are easy to care for — you simply brush and floss your teeth normally and continue to visit Washington Center for Dentistry for regular checkups. You can avoid hard foods and chewing ice to prolong the life of your porcelain veneers. Dark liquids like coffee, tea, and red wine will also stain your veneers the same way they will your natural teeth, so limiting their intake or drinking from a straw will help keep your veneers whiter.
Plan Your Procedure
- Procedure Recovery Location
get a brand new smile
Don't you want the best smile of your life? Don't you want to a smile that will have complete strangers complimenting you. Well, you need to come into our Washington, DC office and learn more about porcelain veneers. Veneers have been one of the most revolutionary cosmetic dentistry procedures due to the way it completely transforms teeth, culminating into amazingly beautiful results. We would love for you to contact us, so we can set you up with a consultation.
What Is Included in a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover can change your life by giving you the brightest, straightest, and fullest smile possible.Read
Will Veneers Fix Crooked Teeth?
Porcelain veneers can hide issues like crooked teeth and gaps in your smile. Learn how we create custom veneers and address common dental problems.Read
My Teeth Look Short. Can a Full Smile Makeover Help?
A smile makeover can help change the color, shape, length, and size of your teeth in Washington, D.C.Read