Porcelain Veneers Overview
In the experienced hands of the Washington Center for Dentistry’s dentists, patients can have beautiful, newly aligned, straight teeth in as few as two visits with porcelain veneers. These thin, natural-looking porcelain shells cover existing teeth to close gaps, whiten, lengthen and properly align teeth. It can be almost like instant orthodontics since porcelain veneers can make a dream smile come to life for an amazing smile makeover. Porcelain veneers is one of the most frequently requested treatments at the Washington Center for Dentistry.
No single dental treatment has revolutionized cosmetic dentistry more dramatically than the porcelain veneer with its transformative results. With the confidence, health and beauty that veneers infuse into a new smile, patients achieve a life-altering change. What a welcome relief, after years of self-conscious discomfort.
Porcelain Veneers Reviews
"My wife found the Washington Center for Dentistry after she broke two front teeth in a fall. Her teeth are are as beautiful as her real teeth - you would never know. I needed cosmetic work to replace worn and chipped teeth. My teeth now look like my old teeth, only much better. Doctors Tellis and Rinaldi did an amazing job. And they worked with me until I was happy. I am proud of my smile again. There is no higher praise for a dentist. Everyone, from the front desk to the dental assistants to the dentists are professional, helpful and friendly. I actually enjoy going to their office."- Google User / Google / Aug 30, 2011
"Washington Center for Dentistry is truly the best! From the time I step off the elevator Im greeted with warm smiles from the receptionists and everyone passing by. Dr. Rinaldi did an awesome job on my veneers and his hygienist Vivien is the absolute best at taking care of them when I come in for my cleanings. This place really knows how to care for me. Thank you!"- Google User / Google / Jul 09, 2012
"Let me just sing the praises of this place!! First, let me start by saying that yes, it's a tad pricey but it's well worth it. Second, let me say that I LOATHE the dentist. I really hate everything about going. These guys are the best. As I said, I have a really intense aversion to the dentist due to some awful experiences as a kid. Dr. Rinaldi is the best, he's very gentle and SO nice. When I walked in, I was given a tour of the facility and I received a gift (who doesn't like gifts?!). Saundra took me back to the exam room (or whatever they call it) and chatted me up about my teeth, my watch, my life...she was really nice. Kind of reminds me of an auntie or a close friend of my moms. Anyhow, she made me feel super comfortable. Dr. Rinaldi came in and I was in love. He asked me what I wanted and then told me how he could make it happen. 3 days later...I had a killer smile! The procedure required Novocain, which didn't make me happy, but he was so gentle, I didn't even realize he'd injected it until he moved his hand. Everyone in the office is super professional. And the location of the office gives me a lot to look at while I wait for them to call me back. OH! And they will play your choice of music for you while you get your smile worked on."- S.M. / Yelp / Jan 26, 2013
"Dr. Rinaldi is the best!!!! He did my veneers and they look great! Worth every dollar. I would highly recommend him."- C.A. / Yelp / Sep 09, 2013
"I highly recommend Washington Center for Dentistry. I've never met a nicer group of people and felt so comfortable in a dentist office ever. Dr Peter Rinaldi did an amazing job on my teeth transformed my smile and my look in a matter of hours. I love you guys!!!!"- A.A. / Facebook / Apr 04, 2014
Plan Your Procedure
- Procedure Recovery Location
Porcelain Veneer Process
Since we have our own in-house dental lab, we can customize an exquisite smile with porcelain veneers, all in less time than you might imagine! Our custom porcelain veneers—made with the finest new, advanced-grade porcelains, create the opalescence, brightness and natural shape that improve a smile, naturally, while lasting for many years. And with our in-office Zoom! Whitening System for our cosmetic dentistry patients, it may be best to first lighten their teeth, and then the dental veneers are matched to the lighter color of the newly brightened teeth.
How the porcelain veneers process works:
- Two or more appointments are needed to restore teeth with beautiful porcelain veneers.
- At the first appointment, the doctor shapes and slightly roughens the surface of the teeth.
- Then, the doctor takes impressions to create exact working models of the mouth.
- The new porcelain veneers are artistically crafted on these models to perfectly fit the teeth that are prepared for the veneers.
- On the day of the first appointment, the patient leaves the office wearing highly specialized temporary porcelain veneers, which already look better than the original teeth! The temporaries allow the doctor and patient to plan the appearance of the veneers, since the temporaries have much the same look as the porcelain veneers.
- At the next appointment, the doctor cleans and polishes the prepared teeth.
- The doctor places the veneers and applies a special adhesive to bond the porcelain veneers to the teeth. A gentle, high-intensity light hardens the adhesive.
What are the Benefits?
A smile reflects high self-esteem, a healthy lifestyle, success in the workplace, and many other attributes our society values. No matter your complaint about your teeth, you’ll be happy to learn about the many benefits of porcelain veneers. They are the gold-standard treatment to reverse the unwanted features of your unhappy smile.
Aesthetic benefits of porcelain veneers:
- Veneers close gaps between your teeth.
- Often called "instant orthodontics," veneers correct minor misalignments.
- Veneers lengthen and reshape teeth.
- Veneers cover stains.
- Veneers strengthen teeth.
- Veneers resist stains, allowing you to enjoy your morning coffee without worrying about how it might affect your smile.
- Veneers broaden a narrow smile.
- Veneers correct a gummy smile.
- Veneers, made of fine-grade, modern dental porcelain, provide the lifelike, natural color, translucence and texture of natural teeth.
- Light shines through the outer enamel layer on our natural teeth and bounces off the underlying dentin layer. That’s what gives a natural sheen to our smile.
- The porcelain used in our veneers also reflects light just like natural teeth, which makes veneers indistinguishable from neighboring natural teeth!
- Patients love the improved, but natural look.
- Veneers are extremely durable.
- Veneers resist decay.
- Veneers cause minimal discomfort.
Porcelain Veneers Am I A Candidate?
Do any of the following conditions describe you?
- Are you unhappy with your smile?
- Do you shy away from introductions?
- Do you cover your mouth while smiling?
- Do you cover your mouth for the camera?
- Do you avoid taking pictures completely?
- Do you often dream about getting the smile you can be proud of?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, the solution might be only a few porcelain veneers away! No dental solution does more heavy lifting to improve a smile than this lustrous, thin shell of fine-grade porcelain applied to the front of your existing teeth to conceal imperfections. These customized veneers, made to match your existing tooth color, are indistinguishable from your actual teeth.
You are a candidate for porcelain veneers if you desire the following to be corrected:
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Misaligned or crooked teeth
- Gaps separating teeth
- Narrow smile
- Gummy smile
What is the Cost of Veneers?
Investment in porcelain veneers is expensive, no doubt about it. The good news is that spread out over the 10 – 20 years, or more, of the life of these high-tech porcelain sheaths, the cost comes to much less than we spend on many other less important expenses. Add to that the boost in self-esteem, confidence and general well-being, and the entire experience is truly priceless! And, of course, our smile is timeless.
Our doctors and administrative team go to great lengths to respect our patients’ financial comfort level when covering the cost of veneers, which can vary from patient to patient, depending on their individual needs. In general, all-porcelain veneers fall into the range of $2,000+ per tooth.
Value and quality comes first
Place the highest value on experience, artistry and quality of materials when it comes to veneers:
- As each veneer is designed to custom fit each individual tooth, our experienced doctors take extensive measurements of the face and mouth, photos and study models to determine the appropriate size, shape and color that will best suit the look of your new smile.
- Even details of skin color, lips, body type and height play a role in smile design.
- Our dedicated ceramists use the finest grade porcelains, and at our highest quality dental lab, each veneer is finely crafted, just for you.
- Using these finer materials separates the finest crafted veneers from assembly-line quality veneers.
- Our patients want to avoid the unattractive results of low-quality veneers.
- Inexperienced dentists using poor quality labs with inexperienced ceramists raise the risk of creating veneers that “don’t look real.”
- The difference: Opaque, white, bulbous, chiclet-shaped veneers vs. lustrous, pearlescent, natural-looking veneers.
Highly durable, long-lasting and incredibly natural-looking, porcelain veneers are a smart investment for correcting imperfections in your smile. Patients choose among a wide range of options, including cash, check, credit cards, as well as zero interest and low monthly payments with Care Credit and the Lending Tree. Contact our Administrative Team for help with affordable solutions through various payment options and finance plans.
Don't you want the best smile of your life? Don't you want to a smile that will have complete strangers complimenting you. Well, you need to come into our Washington, DC office and learn more about porcelain veneers. Veneers have been one of the most revolutionary cosmetic dentistry procedures due to the way it completely transforms teeth, culminating into amazingly beautiful results. We would love for you to contact us, so we can set you up with a consultation.