At Washington Center for Dentistry, the skilled dentists use iTero Digital Impressions to digitally record teeth after they are prepared for new restorations. For example, the impressions are useful for a tooth that is prepared for a new crown or bridge. iTero also records nearby teeth, as well as opposing teeth, and how the teeth bite together, or their occlusion. The data is transmitted electronically to Washington Center’s In-House Dental Lab to use as the lab techs make crowns, veneers, bridges, inlays and onlays. As a result, the restorations fit more seamlessly and naturally for beautiful, more long-standing results.
ITERO® Digital Impressions Reviews
"I had a great experience at WCD. The staff is very friendly and polite. Dr. Fordjour took his time explaining what he thought needed to be done to alleviate some tooth pain I was having and chose the least invasive option first. He was able to reshape my bite by contouring the porcelain inlays I have. Hopefully, this avoids the need for a root canal.The office is very pretty, calm and relaxing."- P.S. / Demandforce / Feb 11, 2015
"I highly recommend Washington Center for Dentistry! Since I have moved quite often in the last 14 years, I have experienced quite a few dentists, good and bad. Unfortunately, I had a few horrendous dental experiences. As a result during the last 4 years, I reverted to traveling to my Midwest hometown to see our top-notch family dentist. Recently, I decided that I HAD to find a local dentist that I could trust and could provide the high quality service that I knew. I found it at Washington Center for Dentistry. They take the time to make you feel comfortable and get to know you. They give you recommendations based on their detailed exams without pressuring you. Going to the dentist has gone from a stressful, emotional event back to a pleasant experience in my life. Thank you!"- Google User / Google / Aug 27, 2011
"Dr. Rinaldi is the best!!!! He did my veneers and they look great! Worth every dollar. I would highly recommend him."- C.A. / Yelp / Sep 09, 2013
"Amazing, Beautiful, Clean, Friendly Dental Practice Conveniently Located in Downtown DC. One block from the Metro. Street Parking. Dr. Rinaldi is my Dentist of Choice! My smile is GORGEOUS! Thx Dr. R."- A. / Foursquare / Jul 24, 2012
"Dr. Peter Rinaldi is an ABSOLUTE GENIUS...My experience with this master was not only painless & perfect...He completely changed my"- H. / Dr. Oogle / Jul 30, 2005
Plan Your Procedure
- Procedure Recovery Location
What to Expect
Even the most anxious of patients can relax with digital impressions. One of our experienced dentists will place an intra-oral wand into your mouth and move it around to capture images of your teeth. The images will be projected on a chairside monitor that both you and your dentist can view. It’s quick, simple and pain-free with virtually no discomfort.
What are the Benefits?
• Improved quality of the impression for better-fitting restorations.
• Elimination of uncomfortable, “putty-like” impression materials that cause some patients to gag.
• Less time spent in the dental chair.
• Increase in comfort and less anxiety for patients needing impressions for treatment.
• Fewer errors and inaccuracies in impressions that are often caused by the traditional impression-taking process.
• Elimination of factors that affect accuracy in impressions, such as technique and quality of materials. For example, crowns fit better when the impression is an accurate copy of the mouth.
• Scan of entire mouth in minutes.
• Electronic storage of paper-free digital impression, saving space and providing efficient record-keeping.
• Environmentally friendly way to dispose of plastic trays and impression materials, with no need for landfill space.
Forget the Mess and Putty!
Those messy and uncomfortable digital impressions are a thing of the past thanks to the advanced iTero Digital Impressions. Teeth are digitally recorded to provide increased accuracy when fitting teeth with restorations like crowns and bridges. The dentists at Washington Center for Dentistry want to ensure the best possible fit and look for your restoration treatments. iTero touts many benefits over tradition impressions, which you can learn more about from any of our dentists. We encourage you to contact us today to schedule your one-on-one consultation.