Implant supported dentures are secured by sturdy dental implants by the skilled dentists at Washington Center for Dentistry. Implant supported dentures snap in place to attach securely to the top of dental implants to provide a secure hold, eliminating the need for pastes or adhesives. In addition, implant supported dentures may be removed for regular cleaning. This is a great option for denture patients since many have suffered from the painful reality of dentures rocking in their mouths, experienced facial changes and the inability to eat certain foods. These teeth enhanced with our cosmetic dentistry and restorative techniques look and function like a patient’s own natural teeth.
"I was in DC for a conference when my temporary crown fell off. The staff fit me in on a Saturday morning and went above and beyond to help me. They were wonderful! Highest rating!"- W.M. / Facebook / Nov 21, 2015
"Soon Young is hands-down the best hygienist I’ve ever known. She is great at what she does, friendly and fun. And although I haven’t (thankfully) needed any dental work done recently, I’ve had only the best experiences with all the dentists - especially Dr. Deutsch. Can’t tecommend this practice enough!"- L. / Google / Nov 06, 2018
"“She’s a superstar” I quietly said to Pete Rinaldi, DDS, after Rachel LaFond completed her dental hygienist work on me today. He agreed: “She’s so thorough.” This reaction is similar to many others I’ve had at WCD. State-of-the-art tools, e.g., eliminate the “packing the gums” procedure that I had painful lung endured elsewhere. 3-D imaging tools get crowns exactly right the first time. I could go on. You should go here."- T.G. / Facebook / Oct 22, 2018
"I always feel well-taken care of by Alyssa. My teeth feel great after her cleaning and I enjoy her company."- M.S. / Google / Oct 22, 2018
"I have been going to Dr. Katsaros as my dentist and Rachel as my hygienist for two years, and I wouldn't even consider someone else. My father was a dentist, and so I am a bit particular about who I see. They have been consistently thorough, communicate clearly, give me as much time as I would like to discuss options, and I feel like they have my best interest at heart. Their preventive work has done what its supposed to, if I follow their directions at home. I highly recommend them."- J.G. / Google / Oct 22, 2018
Plan Your Procedure
- Procedure Recovery Location
What are the Benefits?
Here are the benefits of implant-supported dentures:
- No loose-fitting dentures.
- No messy adhesives.
- Easy cleaning.
- Filled out facial contours to reverse the pace of bone and face shrinkage.
- Dentures fixed in place that look and function just like real teeth.
Truth About Dentures
If you wear dentures and are thinking about trying implant supported dentures, here’s the truth about the disadvantages of dentures.
- We wish it weren’t so, but when people with missing teeth choose removable dentures, conditions don’t stay the same.
- Dentures are not forever.
- No matter how well a denture is made, the day arrives when the jaw has lost too much bone structure to provide a good fit.
- Dentures get loose and no amount of adhesive can correct it. As a result, people have a hard time living with a denture that is uncomfortable and undependable.
- Every day, there are more and more foods that are hard to chew.
- People, who are unable to eat properly, often develop nutritional deficiencies from an inadequate or unhealthy diet.
- Our social life and self-esteem suffer. Being unable to chew properly makes it difficult to be around family and friends since so much of what we do revolves around meals.
That’s why our goal is to guide patients toward dental implants before they reach this point where the negative outweighs the positive.
Enjoy Easy Maintenance
With implant supported dentures, you get the sturdiness and beauty of implants but the flexibility of dentures, where your teeth can be removed as needed for cleaning and maintenance. The dentists at Washington Center for Dentistry are proud to offer this brilliant procedure, which has provided outstanding results for countless patients. If you're tired of the adhesive and paste from regular dentures but don't want to commit yourself to dental implants, implant supported dentures are probably perfect for you. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation to learn more.